Welcome to Saxon Cross Surgery
We hope that you find our website a useful guide to the practice and the services that we are able to provide to our patients.
Remember that you are now able to access some of these services online.
Many of our patients are finding that they are saving time by registering for online access - Please follow the links at the bottom of this page or ask at reception next time you are in.
IMPORTANT Update ABOUT CORONAVIRUS
KEY MESSAGES FOR OUR PATIENTS
General practice staffing has been devastated by the impact of COVID 19, with GP's nurses and staff sharing the same concerns as you in respect of self-isolation, worries about family, friends and finances and the need to protect high-risk members of staff and patients. We will, therefore, only focus on urgent patient need until further notice.
It is vital that you work with us to protect the NHS, not just for unwell patients with COVID 19, but all other urgent conditions eg heart attacks, car accidents, cancer care. So please:
1. DO think before ringing any services: use online services first. General practice does not have the capacity to field minor queries for well patients
2. DO NOT use services unless absolutely necessary
3. DO NOT request sick notes/reports/holiday cancellation letters
4. YOU MUST follow self-isolation/social distancing guidance
5. DO use Electronic Prescribing Service to order NORMAL QUANTITIES of repeat medications. we will not provide repeat medicines more than 14 days before they are due, nor provide double quantities. so please do not ask.
6. DO be patient with all staff - everyone is doing their bit and working flat out. Please understand that phones may take a little onger to be answered'
7. All routine appointments are cancelled unless you have spoken to a GP or nurse on the day. You will be given a time to come down for a face to face appointment if it is felt necessary once you have been spoken to. If you are coming in then please, if at all possible come alone and arrive as close as possible to the appointment time. You will find the doors to the surgery locked. Please ring the bell and a member of our reception team will meet you
We know you are anxious, we know these are hard messages. Thank you for working with us.
Finally a massive thank you for all the sweets, chocolate biscuits and cakes that you shower us with. Please remember though that a thank you or smile means just as much to us
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH YOUR FRIENDS, RELATIVES AND NEIGHBOURS
Ordering your repeat medications - Important changes effective 6/1/2020
Please see the information sheet below for important changes being introduced in the New Year
Changes to the way you order repeat prescriptions
Extra evening and weekend appointments available in local area
You can now book routine GP and Nurse appointments in the evening, at weekends and over bank holidays in your local area.
Pre-bookable appointments are available at this practice on selected dates Monday-Friday, 6.30pm-8pm, plus weekends and bank holidays when you can be seen by a GP, Nurse or Healthcare Assistant.
To book your appointment, contact the surgery during normal opening hours.
If you need urgent medical advice when the surgery is closed, you should continue to call NHS 111.
General Data Protection Regulations 2018
New regulations came into force on 25th May 2018. Information about what this means for you can be seen by clicking on the link below:
Patient Privacy Notice
Following our CQC inspection on the 14th November 2017 we are delighted to announce that we have been rated as Outstanding .
Please click on the link below to see our report in full
CQC Inspection report
Bowel Cancer Screening
To detect cases of bowel cancer sooner, the NHS offers two types of bowel cancer screening to adults registered with a GP in England:
- All men and women aged 60-74 are invited to carry out a faecal occult blood (FOB) test. Every two years, they're sent a home test kit, which is used to collect a stool sample. If you're 75 or over, you can ask for this test by calling the freephone helpline on 0800 707 60 60.
Is your Cervical Screening test overdue? Make your appointment today
Access our services online
You can also download a phoneapp or an iphone app here. remember you will need to register with us before you can log in and start using the services
(Site updated 24/03/2020)